Wednesday, July 05, 2006

NYC here i come!

With only 4 hours left 'til the trip, I'm lying on an inflatable mattress...surprisingly comfy btw, and burning a bunch of music mixes for the road trip ahead. Good music always seems to make time go by faster, and thus the trip shorter. Though, so does driving fast. Hopefully I'll get a turn at the wheel :)

Although it's only a 5 day trip, it's going to be filled with several hours of walking each day, good food (and no that does not include mcdonalds, haha! Jay dot), lotsa art lovin', picture taking, broadway shows and of course shopping!! Sleeping will be secondary, at least til the 3rd day. I dont think i can go that many days without sleep but i do want to get the MOST out of this trip. We'll be exploring a different part of New York each day.

I packed real light this time....3 skirts, 3 tanks, a tshirt, long sleeve top, pair of shorts, comfy shoes, and anything i forgot will have to be bought!

We've got accommodations at the Hotel Roger Williams, a boutique hotel located in Midtown Manhattan, on Madison Avenue. It looks absolutely stunning in the pictures and is close to SoHo and the fashion districts...sweet! They've also got a newly built fitness center, so that's something i'll have to check out.

I'll be bringing my computer with me because i love y'all so much and *surpise* i've got some work to do! Yes, no vacation is complete without work. ironic indeed...

I will add updates throughout my trip so check back.

See y'all in 5 days!

Stell

No comments: