Tuesday, September 12, 2006

The Dirty Du

Back in August of 2005 I set a goal for myself. I told my trainer that i wanted to lose weight and become an all round superstar athlete. A year has gone by and the results have been amazing! I lost 30lbs, totally reshaped my body, am stronger, leaner, more flexible, and faster.

My program consisted of 2-3 Energy Flow workouts per week and cardio in the form of rollerblading and cycling with lots of beach volleyball in the summer.

TODAY i decided it was time for a fitness challenge. Something that will rev my training and help me realize my full athletic potential. I'm going to compete in my first dirty duathlon. I've been wanting to do this for quite a while now but have been putting it on hold for various reasons. It was just a matter of finding the perfect time to jump into it.

The du will consist of a 3.8k run/10k bike/3.8k run and it's 8 weeks away.

Let the training begin!



* In case you should feel the urge to sign up as well:
http://www.eventsonline.ca/events/runnerslife_dirtydu/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'll race you!