Thursday, October 26, 2006

How To Adapt Nike+ To Any Shoe


The one downside to the nike+ run sports kit is that it's made to be only compatible with nike+ shoes. I do very much like the seamless integration of sports, music, and technology aspect of the whole thing. However, I already have a couple of pairs of relatively new running shoes that i should be wearing so it got me thinking....how can I attach the nike sensor to my existing shoes?

...that was when I found a double use for my Knog Frog light!

Just follow these simple steps to convert your micro light into a nike+ sensor suit:

1. remove the LED light from the silicon outer.
2. put the nike+ senser in place of the LED light
3. loop and hook the frog light outer around your shoe laces and voila!

Or if you're not so into that idea, Marware makes a neoprene/rubber sportsuit that holds the nike sensor and using velcro, attaches to the shoelaces of your favorite pair of running shoes. (cost: $9.95)

No comments: