Monday, June 04, 2007

The final 80km

It's official. I'm the 5th person to have completed the Cardio Challenge and what an amazing feeling it is! The final stretch wasn't as easy as anticipated. The last 3 days have been jam packed with activities so fitting in the cardio was a challenge. Saturday was hot & sunny. I was visiting family in Mississauga so I brought my bike along and did 20km. Sunday was overcast. 10 minutes into my bike ride it started drizzling, which gradually evolved into heavy rain. It was too late to turn back. I did 20km and was drenched, which also left me with a cough and sore throat. Then today, feeling sick, I had to forgo riding my bike to work. Determined to finish the Challenge and with lingering thoughts of possibly being beaten to the finish, i went for a 41km ride after getting home from work, thus finishing the Challenge. I can't wait for the next challenge, but for now I think i'll relax and take it easy.


















The final ride
Monday June 4 - Cycling (41km)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's hardcore. congrats on the win!

Anonymous said...

wow, your so fit! how much weight did u lose??