Friday, May 25, 2007

Copious Amounts of Cardio

Did i mention that the Cardio Challenge is a great motivational tool?

Back in April I made a vow to catch up to and beat Brendan Fox, who was a whopping 180miles ahead of me. I stayed pretty consistent with my cardio throughout but didn't kill myself doing a ton of it in any way. By may 5th, i was 142 miles away.

As the 6th place holder in the challenge, I decided that this week I was going to kick things into high gear. Whether it be a tad obsessive or just sheer determination, I set a mandate to do cardio everyday this week in an attempt to tighten the gap and perhaps pass him. I've been alternating between biking and rollerblading to and from work, with the occasional lunchtime excursion. I managed to do a total of 146km of cardio and am currently 64 miles behind him. Not too shabby. Considering that he's currently only 40 miles from the finish line, chances of passing may be a bit far fetched. I'm going to keep this up for the next week and see what happens. I'm not going down without a fight!

Stats
Monday: 35km rollerblading / 124 miles away
Tuesday: 25km rollerblading / 103 miles away
Wednesday: 35km cycling / 88 miles away
Thursday: 25km cycling / 73 miles away
Today: 10km rollerblading/16km cycling / 64 miles away

Beginning of wk: 124 miles away (approx. 199km)
End of wk (today): 64 miles away (approx. 103km)
Total cardio for the wk: 146km

The payoff
leaner abs, stronger legs, increased endurance, speed, & the adrenaline rush.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow stell! 146km in 1 week?? that's CRAZY!!